Class Fees and Costs
I am fairly flexible in my fee structure for teaching. My goal is to provide a framework for students and hosts to negotiate a reasonable arrangement for all. In general, my fees are as follows:
- Full day classes (6-7 hours): $300-$500 per day, depending on duration, complexity, student load
- Per-student fees: negotiable
- Half-day classes (3-4 hours): $150-$300, depending on duration, complexity, student load
- Travel expenses: at cost
- Per-diem: $50
Travel, Hosting, Per-diem
- Round-trip airfare: Reimbursed at cost.
- Driving to a location: Driving time is calculated based on google-map directions. If one-way drive time is estimated at 1 hour or less, no reimbursement is charged. If one-way drive time is estimated at more than one hour, then reimbursement will be at current IRS mileage rates. If actual drive time is less than calculated, the drive-time charge will be based on the actual driving time.
- Overnight stays: Overnight at a hotel is either paid by the host or reimbursed at cost to the instructor. I am happy to be hosted in a private home, provided that I have a private bedroom and a bathroom exclusive to my use. I am pet-friendly (even the non-traditional kind) although cats tend to make me sneeze.
- Transportation: Expect for cases where I have my own vehicle, the host must arrange for transport to and from the teaching venue. If local transport is not available, then the cost of transport (Uber or rental car) will be reimbursed at cost.
- Meals: If meals are not provided, a $50 per diem will be charged.
Kit fees & Materials fees
- Kit fees will be provided at the time of contract, based on the project being taught
- The hosting venue (i.e. a bead store) may sell kit contents to students if desired. I will provide a complete list of materials in advance of the class. If the supplies provided for purchase to students do not match the list provided and as a result students are not able to participate in the class, no reduction in the class fee will be given.
- If desired, I will provide a complete list of supplies in advance of the class for students wishing to bring their own materials. If student-provided materials are not adequate for participation in class, students may acquire materials from the instructor, but if students are not able to participate in the class due to incorrect materials, no reduction in the class fee will be given.